Interesting
It's interesting the random places I can be when something reminds me of my childhood and all the hurt and anger washes over me again as if I am right back in that moment. These times are coming less frequently, but they seem to always happen on days when I am feeling good about life and myself. Then these memories cross my mind and I feel sad and down for the rest of the day.
I know there will be a time when I can think about those memories and not get sad, but for now I just try to work through them as they come. It's hard not to let it affect me. I try and remember that I had no control over what happened then but I do have control over how I deal with it now. I bring it to the Lord and ask Him to give me the strength to get through those feelings and be able to deal with them and remember the happier times. I thank Him for the life I have now and the wonderfully happy memories that I am now creating with my husband. I am feeling much more content in my life as it is now. By no means always happy and rainbows, but I feel I am in the right place in life to be able to grow and learn a lot.