Dinner
So I was inspired by another blog I read to start posting about things I cook. I am still learning a lot about cooking and learning new recipes. Here is the recipe for what I cooked for dinner tonight:
Rotini with Chicken and Pesto
(recipe from allrecipes.com)
4 servings
8oz. uncooked rotini pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons pesto
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Drain.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken and garlic until chicken is almost cooked through. Reduce heat and stir in salt, pepper, cream, pesto, and parmesan cheese. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Stir in cooked pasta.
3. Add more grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
This turned out super tasty. Cooking 4 servings was enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.
Enjoy!!